Tim has extensive litigation and trial experience in medical malpractice, pharmaceutical & medical device, and products liability cases and has successfully tried over ten jury trials to verdict. He also frequently defends physicians, clinics, and managed care companies in fraud & abuse and False Claims Act cases and regularly defends healthcare professionals in actions pending before professional licensure boards. In addition to his litigation experience, Tim advises professionals and entities on general legal issues including contract negotiation, employment matters, risk assessment, and regulatory compliance. Tim also regularly represents schools and churches in a broad range of issues including corporate formation, risk assessment, and sensitive litigation matters.
Since 2012, Tim has been selected as a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star. He was admitted to The Mississippi Bar in 2007, and is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi.
- Achieved unanimous defense verdict in medical malpractice trial where the plaintiff alleged a physician failed to obtain pre-operative informed consent and adequately monitor plaintiff following surgery.
- Obtained directed verdict following cross-examination of the plaintiff’s expert in a case where plaintiff alleged a physician breached the standard of care by failing to adequately treat a nursing home patient’s decubitus ulcers.
- Obtained jury verdict for physician alleged to have failed to diagnose cancer during routine screening procedure.
- Achieved unanimous defense verdict in federal court for a large manufacturer of protective sports equipment.
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict on behalf of healthcare entity in wrongful death case where plaintiff alleged failure to diagnose a condition that led to the patient’s death.
- Obtained dismissal for multi-national managed care company in qui tam action.
Honors & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Benchmark Litigation's Under 40 Hot List, 2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2012-17, Rising Star, Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice)
Community & Professional
- The Mississippi Bar
- Capital Area Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Defense Research Institute
- Hartfield Academy School Board
- Pinelake Church
Articles & Publications
- Who's On First?: The United States Supreme Court Takes a Swing at Interpreting the Ever-Elusive Language of the 1367 Supplemental Jurisdiction Statute, 26 Miss. Coll. L. Rev. 321 (2006)
Juris Doctor: Mississippi College School of Law, magna cum laude, 2007
Bachelor's Degree: Business Administration, Belhaven College, cum laude, 1999