Nicole joined the Birmingham office of Watkins & Eager after practicing law in Alabama courts for more than twenty years with the law firm of Harris & Harris, LLP. Nicole’s practice has centered around commercial litigation matters while representing client interests through all phases of litigation including alternative dispute resolution, jury trials and appellate review.
Nicole represents a variety of business entities from small entrepreneurial companies to large corporations while serving as local liaison counsel to in-house corporate counsel. In her business litigation practice, Nicole draws from her undergraduate business degree, as well as her Master’s Degree in Business, to provide her business clients with full-service representation on a wide array of business matters.
Nicole began practicing law after graduating from Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law in 1998. During her time at Cumberland, Nicole served as Senior Associate Editor of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, the nation’s oldest Law Review dedicated to trial advocacy, as well as an active member of Cumberland’s Trial Advocacy Board. While attending Cumberland, Nicole also earned a Master of Business Administration from Samford University in 1998.
Representative Reported Decisions
- Corley v. Long-Lewis, Inc., 965 F.3d 1222 (11th Cir. 2020); Corley v. Long-Lewis, Inc., 855 F.3d 1294 (11th Cir. 2017); Corley v. Long-Lewis, Inc., 688 F. Supp. 2d 1315 (Ala. 2010).
- Bobo v. TVA, 855 F.3d 1294 (11th Cir. 2017).
- Morgan v. Bill Vann Co., 969 F. Supp. 2d 1358 (S. D. Ala. 2013).
- Picard v. Credit Solutions, Inc., 564 F.3d 1249 (11th Cir. 2009).
- Brasfield & Gorrie, L.LC. v. SOHO Partners, L.L.C, 35 So.3d 601 (Ala. 2009)
- Tell v. Terex Corp., 962 So. 2d 174 (Ala. 2007).
- Morguson v. 3M Co., 857 So. 2d 796 (Ala. 2003).
- Hannah v. Gregg, Bland & Berry, 840 So. 2d 839 (Ala. 2002).
- Porterfield v. Audubon Indem. Co., 856 So. 2d 789 (Ala. 2002).
- Bellsouth Telecomm’s, Inc. v. ITC Deltacom Commun’s., Inc., 190 F.R.D. 693 (M.D. Ala. 1999).
Honors & Recognitions
- Phi Delta Phi
- Senior Associate Editor, American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Member Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board
Community & Professional
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Product Liability
- Real Estate
Juris Doctor: Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, 1998
Master's Degree: Samford University, MBA, 1998
Bachelor's Degree: University of North Florida, cum laude, 1995
- The Alabama State Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit