Since her admission to the Mississippi Bar in 2002, Jennifer's practice has been primarily focused on civil litigation in state and federal courts in Mississippi and other states. Her experience includes all facets of discovery, motion practice, trial, and appeal. While the majority of her litigation experience has been in product liability litigation, she also has significant experience in commercial litigation, employment and labor litigation, general tort litigation, and health care/medical malpractice litigation.
Jennifer has served as counsel for a variety of automotive, industrial equipment, recreational products, and children's products manufacturers, representing them in catastrophic personal injury and warranty litigation. Jennifer has also represented a number of automotive companies in regulatory matters pending before the Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission.
Jennifer's employment and labor practice includes consulting work for employers regarding Title VII, wage/hour, and FMLA issues, drafting and updating employment handbooks and policies, and advising on other human resources matters.
Jennifer is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2010. She is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Honors & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Benchmark Litigation's Under 40 Hot List, 2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2013–17, Personal Injury Defense, Products; 2014–15, Top 50 Female Lawyers in the Mid-South; 2015, Top 50 Lawyers in the Mid-South; 2010–12, Rising Star, Personal Injury Defense: Products)
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Order of the Coif, Louisiana State University-Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Phi Delta Phi, Louisiana State University-Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Robert Lee Tullis Moot Court, Louisiana State University-Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Phi Beta Kappa, Millsaps College
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association (Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Labor and Employment Section)
- Defense Research Institute
- Junior League of Jackson
Juris Doctor: Louisiana State University Law School, 2002
Bachelor's Degree: English, Millsaps College, magna cum laude, 1999
- All Mississippi state trial and appellate courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit