Since 2008, Jim Crongeyer has served as the Managing Member of the firm. He began practicing law in Florida in 1995 after graduating cum laude from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He is admitted to practice in Mississippi (1997), Alabama (1996), and Florida (1995), and has actively practiced in all three states.
Jim has significant litigation and trial experience across multiple jurisdictions (Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, New Jersey, Kansas, Kentucky and Ohio, among others) in general product liability litigation, mass tort cases, complex litigation, and construction defect matters. He has successfully tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts in Mississippi and other states. He has served as counsel for football helmet manufacturers, current and former manufacturers of welding products, automobile and tire manufacturers, pipeline equipment manufacturers, and many other industrial and consumer product manufacturers. He has handled and tried commercial and residential construction defect cases in Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.
Jim served as an officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard from 1987-94, and is currently a member of several civic and professional organizations.
Honors & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2010-19, Personal Injury Defense: Products)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2018-20, Commercial Litigation; 2020, Construction Law; 2018-20, Litigation – Construction; 2010–20, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants; and 2010–20, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants).
Community & Professional
- International Association of Defense Counsel (Product Liability and Construction Law and Litigation Committees)
- American Bar Association (Forum Committee on the Construction Industry; Construction Litigation Committee)
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute (Product Liability and Construction Law Committees)
- Mississippi Army National Guard
- Environmental and Energy
- Product Liability
Juris Doctor: University of Mississippi School of Law, 1995, cum laude
Bachelor's Degree: Political Science, University of Mississippi, 1991
- All Mississippi state and federal courts
- All Alabama state and federal courts
- All Florida state courts and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit