Brad C. Davis advises state and local governments and financial institutions on a broad range of financing transactions for the enhancement of quality of life, public safety, and economic development.
Brad focuses his practice on financing transactions for states, municipalities, counties, school districts, universities, community colleges, utility districts, special use districts, and other governmental entities, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, tax increment financing bonds, and lease-purchases. During the past five years, Brad has been part of more than 100 successfully closed transactions valued at more than $700 million and is a frequent speaker on issues related to public finance and economic development.
Brad served as Senator Thad Cochran’s legislative assistant and counsel in Washington, DC, from 2005 to 2008, after which he served as state office director and general counsel in Mississippi from 2008 to 2015. His work for Senator Cochran focused on legal issues, public safety, business and tax policy, and economic development projects, as well as representing the Senator throughout Mississippi and assisting constituents with federal issues.
The University of Mississippi Associated Student Body, President and Student Hall of Fame (1998-1999)
Community & Professional
- The Mississippi Bar (Chairman-Elect of Government Law Section)
- Mississippi County Board Attorneys Association
- Mississippi Municipal Attorneys Association
- Mississippi Economic Development Council
- Tax Increment Financing for Municipalities, Mississippi Municipal Attorneys Association, January 14, 2021
- Short-Term Financing, Refunding and Restructuring for Municipalities, Mississippi Municipal Attorneys Association, August 21, 2020
- Public Finance for Governmental Accountants - Overview and Emerging Issues, August 15, 2019
- Public Finance for Mississippi Community Colleges – Overview & Emerging Issues, August 2019
- Public Finance for Bankers – The Basics & Emerging Issues, May 7, 2019
- Advanced Municipal Bond Financing Seminar, December 19, 2017
- State and Local Bond Financing Seminar, Hope Enterprise Corporation, May 19, 2017
- State and Local Bond Financing Seminar, December 19, 2016
Juris Doctor: The University of Mississippi School of Law, 2004
Bachelor's Degree: The University of Mississippi School of Business Administration, 2001
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- US District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi